Buriti PalaceProject of the architect Nauro Jorge Esteves, of the Niemeyer team, is the seat of the Government of the Federal District. Its name is due to a palmácia that is typical of the cerrado, the buriti.
The palm tree, planted by the engineer Israel Pinheiro, builder and first mayor of the new capital, in 1959, was registered by the Historical Patrimony of the Federal District. In front of the palace one can see the copy of the famous sculpture of the Roman Wolf suckling the brothers Romulus and Remus. The sculpture, a gift from the government of Italy, is a symbol of the founding of Rome, sister city of Brasilia, which it would also celebrate on April 21. Visitation: only outside.
Phone: +55 (61) 448.1515
How to get